Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Lumps and Bumps.

Well, I'm back off to NOLA next week.  My mammogram didn't come out so hot, so I need to go in for a needle biopsy.  I don't think that I'm really freaked out... after having cancer previously, I tend to take the "chill out and wait" position.  If it is, I'll make decisions when the results come in.  If it isn't, I'll drink a bottle of wine and celebrate.

After how this year has been, with some of the shit I've put up with, a little tiny cyst isn't really going to ruin my tea party, if you know what I mean.  Four (or maybe five?) years ago, I had a mammogram come back with a bunch of little tiny bumps.  At the time, I was a huge coffee addict... and come to find out, caffeine can cause lumps in breast tissue.  So I dropped all the caffeine and had a clean mammogram nine months later.

Looking at my recent lifestyle... uh, caffeine consumption has gone up-uP-UP.  So I quit all caffeine on Monday (and I'm trying to stay off the web, work on my music collection, and not interact very much with people until I'm off the smack) and started eating cleaner.  Maybe it's too little too late - or maybe it'll work.  Dunno.  C'est la vie.

I can't help but think of how ironic this all is.  After all, I'll be turning 40 this month.  Might end up with a set of new tits, too.  And to think of how many women would just love to skip the cancer and get a new set of boobs.  Thank the FSM for my sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment