Tuesday, July 28, 2015

All. About. Moi. Updated "Bucket List".

Tomorrow, I turn 40.  At the end of last year and at the beginning of this one, I thought that things would be very different (as far as plans were concerned).  Some of my closest friends were going to come in and entertain me for my 40th.  One of those friends is seriously busy with her children's summer schedule - and the other person is a friend no more.  It's all right, though.  Husby has scheduled a bunch of things... so this has turned into "Juggsy Week".

On Sunday, we went and met with sea lions and swam with dolphins.  Best Backstage package EVER.  Worth ALL the money (with all photos - almost $600) and then some!!  A glimpse:


The boys were putting on a show for us!!  Hubs and I are on the back wall with all the trainers.  

After the whole day excursion, we were exhausted.  No cooking for us!!  As a treat, we stopped at Whataburger  on the way home.  I absolutely adore their patty melts (to die for) and the spicy ketchup is a must-try.  Afterwards, we came home, showered all the salt off, and then took a lazy nap together.  I would absolutely do this again.  There are some really cool things to see and do around here... I've just got to put them all together in one place.  After that, we can pick different things to do over the weekends.  

I know it's not NOLA.  But, with a few mental adjustments (and knowing that I can visit NOLA any time I want to), life here is pretty great.  It's laid back and comfortable here.  So, on the cusp of turning 40 in about an hour and a half, I crossed most stuff off that I had been wanting to do.  And... I updated my Bucket List quite a bit.  Now, it seems far more exotic, and a lot more expensive for me to do... so here goes:

Lieux à visiter avante de moirer
  • Urban exploration (otherwise known as UrbEx).  I'd love to see some of the creepier abandoned sanitariums and hospitals...  I read this site quite a bit and absorb the material like a sponge.  I absolutely love that they give you the history of the building(s) and have approximate dates as to when they were built all the way up to present day.
  • Nuclear tour of Chernobyl and the abandoned working town, Pripyat.  I can remember this happening when I was younger and simply could NOT understand the ramifications of nuclear power.  Therefore, when I read that the Ukrainians had opened the area up for assisted tours, I simply had to put this tour on my list.  Sure, Eastern European food isn't the best... but I'll live. Oh, the irony.
  • Taking a month to leisurely sail up the river all throughout France... in an all inclusive luxury small passenger liner... stopping in whatever village or town that looks interesting.  I think I would do it every summer until I had completed the entire Avalon experience.  They offer so many cruises, it would be really damned difficult to try and figure out what the first one would be...
  • Attend a friend's wedding in the spring.  I'd like to drive up and stop at weird attractions and stay in funky (not funky BAD, but funky GOOD) and fun places to stay.  Something like this or this or this (although I know that B. wouldn't even consider staying in an "ice hotel" - I'd like to do it at least once!!!  I'm still looking for fun, boutique hotels in each state, so I'd like to visit and travel around the US more often.  Maybe I'll get my "Geaux 'Merrica!!" patriotism back.  Somehow, I doubt this... but there's always room for improvement, right??

That's all for tonight.  I'm saying goodbye to my 30's and entering my 40's in about 8 minutes.  If my 40's are as good as my 30's were... I'm in for one wild fuck of a ride!!  x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment