Monday, July 20, 2015

Life. Good Stuff.

The journey to Baltimore-DC area was a crazy one.  My niece's wedding was really great, intimate, well-thought-out, and everything from the dress to the flowers, and all the food was fabulous.  The "destination resort" we stayed at was not disappointing at all.  The hot tub in the room was huge and could've fit four people - the bathroom was very spa-like.  All glass shower, beautiful tiles, and everything well thought out.  Huge king-sized bed, awesome pillows, light down comforter, excellent views, and it was also very "please don't bring your child(ren) here" discouraging.  Not cots, no cribs, no family rooms.  Only adults in the pool.  For my child-free ass, that was a HAPPY PLACE.

Unfortunately, the rental car sucked.  We were assigned a 2015 Jeep Compass... wow.  The dead have more options and move faster..  The engine was too small and the body was too heavy.  It couldn't get out of it's own way.  Trying to get on to | 495 and it was just pathetic.  It could also be that I really don't care for an SUV (it's like a cheesy station-wagon on steroids) and find that most people who drive them, can't.  Let's not even discuss parking.

And... I also scored my first speeding ticket in over 7 years.  Fucker clocked me at 41 MPH in a 35 MPH zone.  Ticket cost??  $130.  NO SHIT.  The Super Trooper managed to tell me that the "State of Florida won't be informing your insurance company as long as you pay the court your ticket."  What a fucking racket!!  My husband keeps picking on my not being able to drive 41 MPH.  This is such a non-win, it wasn't even funny.

For the good news...  the house hunt starts tomorrow.  We received all of our paperwork back from USAA and we've been all pre-approved.  I've already been saving interesting houses from realtor[dot]com and my budget is very generous (to say the least).  I also have a budget for immediate renovations before we move in... for instance, hardwood flooring (except for the bedrooms - because I want carpet), tile in the kitchen and baths, new hardware (if I don't like what's in there), countertops, and cabinet resurfacing.  So, I'm not really worried about the cosmetic stuff with the house - I just want to find the best house that fits our lifestyle.  And, yes... having a dedicated guest bedroom and bath is at the top of the list (I'm so dangerous and all... expecting people to come and visit me - hahahahahaaaaaa).  :D  I'd also like a soaking tub in the master bath, but if it doesn't have it (and maybe has a jacuzzi outside or something), I can live.

My biopsy also came back... it's negative!!!

And I have another job interview tomorrow... which may take me a whole lot closer to the Audi TT that I want to get after we buy our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment