Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mellowing In Progress.

I'm quite sure that I'm moving towards a far happier existence.  Today is the day that all of the boxes have been EMPTIED!!!!  Art once again decorates the walls.  I can see the top of my desk!!!  Went and spent some money on some little things for the house.  New lamps, some comfy throws, and pillows.  I'm hoping to have everything done (house-wise) and have my initial insurance claim paperwork filled out before I leave tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the road trip I'm taking tomorrow isn't for pleasure.  It's to deal with a tenant, find a decent property management company, and deal with contractors (in order to fix any issues the tenants may have left).  I'm quite sure that I'm going to have to replace carpet in three bedrooms, get a commercial cleaning crew in there, and paint some (if not all) of the rooms.  Luckily, the property management companies that I'm looking at all have realtors - so if a tenant wants to buy the house after living in it, we will apply some of the rent toward the down payment.  I'm just not really wanting to do this - but it's better to get it over with and move along.

There are still some unresolved issues that have been circling around in this putrid little brain of mine.  I can't leave it hanging forever - even though part of me is still uneasy with certain aspects of behavior exhibited.  Some of it I believe is par for the course and that I should accept it for what it is - the other more cynical part believes that I could get burned.  Maybe 10 hours on the road will help me come to a decision.  For a good portion of this year, I didn't even feel like I was dealing with the same person.

As for me??  I'm getting back to myself.  Then again, as I told everyone who would pay attention and listen... moving makes me fucking crazy.  I was sure to warn people when I was in a bad mood and the only time I think that writing context can be misconstrued is when the person writing the note, message, email, PM, or IM deliberately makes it so.  This, I've learned first hand. 

Now, it's neither here nor there.  I'm not stressing out about anything this afternoon - I have a ton of errands to run and then I'm going to figure out dinner.  Rotisserie chicken and salad will probably be on the menu.  As long as I get all the chicken skin, I'm good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment