Thursday, May 28, 2015

Adjustments and Adulting

Things are finally pretty calm here after the horrible move and all the drama that ensued during it.  Our temporary house is as furnished and put together as well as can be expected.  Our physical space has been  downsized quite a bit and we're still finding this home quite a bit smaller than what we'd like.  Don't get me wrong, I love the cathedral ceilings and sunken living room, but the kitchen is a lot smaller than I'm used to and the husby feels a tad bit claustrophobic in his office.  So, after a productive conversation this evening, we've made a new list of needs for the (new) semi-permanent house that we will soon start actively looking for.  And our dream list??  Here:
  • Three bedrooms (four if we don't have a separate family room (we want a dedicated guest bedroom).
  • Two baths (an additional half-bath would be desirable, but not necessary).
  • Larger kitchen (I'd like to have an island or a bar for guests to sit at).
  • Hardwoods or laminate throughout (we're willing to rip out carpets and install new flooring).
  • New tile for the bathroom (I'm eyeing some slate...  delicious!!).
  • Soaking tub/garden tub for moi.
  • Full paint job - using some of the colors I love (husby agreed).
  • Garage.
  • Screened in attached porch (AKA "Florida Room").
  • Living closer to the beach.
I think I found an excellent realtor and our budget is pretty large (I'm still pushing for the in-ground pool, though - just because I'd love to have one) - so I'm sure we'll have a lot to choose from.  Besides, compared to New Orleans, property here is seriously cheap.  

Husby's schedule is crazy...  he's gone for two weeks in June, comes home for two days, then does his week-long reserve duty in Missouri.  He'll have two weeks home and then we fly up to DC for a four day weekend (one of my favorite nieces is getting married.... squeeeeeeee!!).  After that, two weeks at home and then B heads out again for another three weeks.  Anyone have any non-crafty hobby suggestions???  Derby season will be pretty much wrapping up after that, so I need to find something to occupy some of my free time!!!

I am planning on having company come in from Massachusetts, California, and Louisiana while B is away (importing friends again... 10 shades of North Carolina - ugh) - but if you want to visit, shoot me a PM if we're friends on FB or email me at findingjuggsy[at]gmail.com.  I love to entertain!!!  :0))  I promise I'm not "dangerous" or anything... hahahahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment