Friday, August 28, 2015

Six Weeks of Bullshit. House Madness.

Well, I'm six weeks (plus) into the house hunt.  We've bid on two houses - the first house had too many problems (found during inspection), so we withdrew our bid.  Second house we bid on, the owner was an outright asshole and refused any concessions, so we basically told him to go fuck himself, and pulled the bid.

Back to square one.

Quite frankly, I'm tired.  The weather has been miserable and some of the houses that I'm looking at don't even have their air conditioning on (or any electricity for that matter... makes it really hard to figure out if I even want a house when I can't see it).  I'd like to have an in-ground pool, but those are few and far between - I don't want to deal with an above-ground pool as those are far more of a PITA (my opinion, of course).  Don't know why I'm even bothering to bitch about it, considering these are all first-world problems.

The house I'm living in is still a hot mess, considering I can't unpack everything (had to rifle through the garage to find some paperwork the other day) and I find that I just don't give a shit about much.  Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was signing on for when I agreed to this move... however, I just didn't realize that it would take SO LONG to find a house.  Also, I mistakenly thought that I would meet people and have friends to hang out with again (like I did in NOLA).

Speaking of NOLA, I think it's time to catch up with some people and make some plans.

In the middle of house-hunting, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment