Monday, June 8, 2015

Sick.

On Wednesday night the hubs came home sick.  How do I know this?  He stopped at the store on the way home and picked up NyQuil and DayQuil - along with cough drops - for himself.  One of his funny quirks is how he'll pick this stuff up and never give me a hint of a warning.  On Thursday, he worked half a day, and on Friday, was feeling back up to snuff.  Yeah.  My immune system used to be like that when I interacted with other humans on a regular basis.  Hahaha.

Friday night, I started feeling off.  Saturday, it was like my throat was lined with needles.  I *knew* the love of my life was feeling guilty when he offered to take me out to lunch and then I slept for 14 hours straight.  Sunday, the husband left to go New Mexico on a two week business trip.  Trust me, the dog cannot read and is not good with fetching meds.  I dragged myself out early on Sunday morning and picked up all the get-well crap I'd need.  Nothing like blowing a shit-ton of money you don't want to over at your local CVS!!! 

Slept on and off all day Sunday.  All the OTC stuff I picked up didn't work.  Today is Monday and I *knew* I had to get in to see a doc in a box (Urgent Care) - but good luck with that if you're too fucked up sick (fever of 102+) to drive.  No taxi service to be found.  Shuttle service to the aiport would've taken me the 8 miles to the doctor - for the kindly fee of $83.  Fuck.  That.  I finally had an epiphany... call my doctor/pharmacy in NOLA and get a script.  They managed (from their end) to call it in to some local pharmacy that delivers (for $10 extra).  Antibiotics.  Cough syrup with codeine - which made me have to eat something or I would've been praying to the toilet god.  I took the doses that a good girl should, and slept for another 4 hours.  However, I don't feel like a gorilla is sitting on my chest and the crap that I'm hacking up is not tinged with blood.  Winning!!

The worst feeling in the world???  Knowing that there's not one person in less than 250 miles of you that can actually help.  Fuck YOLO in my life... there's only YOYO - You're On Your Own. 

This is not an adventure.  This is my life.  Let's give a big ol' Kermit Wave that I'm surviving!!  Better yet, wonder if Life Alert is available at any age...

No comments:

Post a Comment