Monday, June 1, 2015

On My Own.

This is definitely not a *pity party*, so don't mistake it for one.  I was simply looking at my husby's work calendar and it looks like he'll be home for a grand total of 31 days out of the next 90 (and that includes the 4 days that we'll be flying to DC for a wedding in July).  It's not me that I'm worried about - it's him.  Speaking from experience, it utterly sucks to have to live in hotels for 2 - 3 weeks on end, although I will concede that the housekeeping and room services are nice. 

Previous to moving here (and while getting settled in), I was looking forward to inviting friends from different areas of the country to come and spend some time with me while the husband was gone, you know, just to have company and enjoy the beautiful beaches (and delicious seafood, shopping, and amenities).  Now??  Only a handful of people have made the invite list thanks to a "real" eye-opening experience during my move.  There's really only a small handful of friends I want to entertain (CR, JL, LF, S&L, L&N)... and after I make my solid schedules with them, I will be traveling instead of being the hostess. 

In June, I'll be heading back to New Orleans for a long weekend.  I'm so excited to go - I can't wait to see my friends and do the "front porching" thang!!  Since L&N moved into our old house, I can stay there also, if I want to.  There's a list of restaurants that I want to go to and I'm looking forward to seeing some of my favorite co-workers.  I love NOLA!!  :D

Hopefully, on my way home, I can stop and see another bestie - and we can hang out in Gulfport for a night or two.  I'm looking forward to firming plans up and grabbing some Franzia and room service.  Lounging by the pool on the top of the hotel would be cool - seeing the ocean as we swim.  Laughing and having a good time and not having a worry in the world. 

In July, we'll be attending my niece's wedding in DC.  She's actually getting married in Chevy Chase, MD (which makes me laugh - considering how much I love the "National Lampoon's Vacation" movies.  It's going to be a quick jaunt, but we should be able to throw in a little sightseeing.  I'd like to go to the Smithsonian - but with the time constraints??  I should probably lower my expectations.

Since husby is gone for most of the month of August, I may go to New England.  I'll probably skip most of Massachusetts (except to stop and see JL and two of my favorite cousins) and then head straight to Maine.  I don't want to run into anyone - considering how dangerous I can be!!!  ;)

Those are my plans for now... of course, things are subject to change.  I'm On My Own for a little while, but I'm going to take advantage of that and check off a bunch of stuff on my list.  Arizona and California are on the short list also... just depends on how much time I do have and what the flight prices look like. 

Compared to what March, April, and May looked like... summer is gleaming like a gem!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment