Thursday, June 4, 2015

Not Giving A Fuck. And... Giving A Fuck.

There are certain things that I have just quit caring about.  I don't think that I really gave too much of a fuck to begin with (it's in my nature), but some things in life just are not worth worrying about.  At this point, I just don't want to be bothered with:
  • How some people feel.  Too bad, so sad.  Go find someone to shrink your head.  I'm not it.
  • How some people attempt to make me feel.  Quit.  Go guilt some other person.  Go away.
  • Behaving much like an adult.  Being the grown-up in a situation sucks. 
  • Having to keep my atomic pie-hole shut.  Because that's what the adults do.  See???
  • Being baited.
  • Not putting people in the middle of shit.  Leaving things alone.
  • Gamma*, don't go away mad.  Gamma*, just go away.

Now, here are the things that I do care very much about.  And some of the things that I care about might be a bit materialistic, but it is what it is.  :0))
  • My friends.  J, C, CLV, AS, CS, KLD, JS, JB, LF, and (Mom)RL... thank you all for being there for me continuously.  Even though everyone is weathering their own storms at times, I have never hesitated to pick up the phone and call any of you.  And vice-versa.  Most of you have been there for me since before I graduated high school (some have come along in recent years), but even over a span of time, I can pick up the phone and call... and you're there. 
  • My derby family.  From Shreveport, to New Orleans, and now in Florida... all of you are truly amazing and brilliant women.  Polly and Shootzie (Shreveport) - it was so good to see you both and hang out for a couple of nights.  Minute Maid, Holly, Darko, Marie LaFreaux, Strangler, and Amity... you made me part of the NOLA derby scene and I miss you all.  Can't wait to go back and see you bull run!!!
  • Awesome friends and neighbors, S&L, who were gracious and wonderful to all the friends I introduced to the NOLA way of life... and who made sure we were there for Christmas Eve, NYE, and all the crawfish boils... working out doggie day care and helping out with letting me crash over there when our AC went out one weekend (and letting me stay while I finished up with our house).  L&N live in our old house and I can't wait to see them, either.  L is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and I'm so proud and happy to be her friend.
  • Choggie.  I love her so much and she's the sweetest, most loveable pup-dog ever.  I'm thankful for every day that she's with us (she's 12 and has had some health problems as of late) and I make sure that I do something for her every single day that makes her happy.  Note:  I can't catch a squirrel, so that's out.  But chew-eez and belly rubs and walks are not.  :0))
  • My husband.  Everyone who knows who we are understands.  Nothing more to be said - except I love him more than anything.
  • The opportunities that will be happening over the next year.  Travel to interesting places across the United States, Europe, and Japan.  Possibly some road trips to see extended family and friends who live nearby and further away.  Looking forward to catching up with Nikki Talley and Jason Sharp... two of my favorite musicians (they're touring now - Google!!).
  • Having people come to visit me.  :0))  This makes me really, really dangerously happy.  I enjoy company and introducing them to where I live.  Oh, I get a bit excited, but I don't juggle with butcher knives or anything.  Instead, I use the knives to get appetizers ready, cut veggies, make cheese trays, and sliced fruit prepared.  Wine and beer and sweet malt beverages are chilled, the guest room and bath prepared, and a fun visit is guaranteed. 

I guess that's all for now.  I think I had to vent the bad before I could post the good.  Thanks for reading.  Send comments if you'd like.  x0x0

*Gamma - Google (Urban Dictionary is quite interesting on the subject also).

No comments:

Post a Comment