Saturday, June 27, 2015

Friends-Drinking-Franzia-Saturday.

This might sound weird.  And maybe it is... but for some of you who don't have friends close by, it'll make sense and it may appeal to you.  Who knows?  For me??  It's better than wine-ing it up on your own, only to drunk dial someone who may not appreciate your consideration post-midnight.

I drink and message with one of my good friends.  It's a planned event.  Really.  Repeat after me:  "This is a planned event".  There's only a couple of steps involved and then, voila!!  Are you interested??  Follow these directions:
  1. Find one of your good friends who may be in the same predicament as you.  They could be in a new area (with no friends to hang out with), in an area where drinking is frowned upon (the debbil you say!!), friends that don't drink (my idea of horror), or maybe they are home with the kids or family or in-laws and such (and therefore; they NEED to drink).  Make contact.  Set a date and time.
  2. Determine what you're going to drink.  Tonight, I enjoyed a cool 3-litre box of Franzia's Famous "Sunset Blush" - on sale for $8.00 at my local Winn-Dick-Me (AKA "Winn Dixie").  My drinking buddy's husby picked her up the same thing.  
  3. At set time, start messaging, texting, Skyping, or whatever.  Get silly and funny and take pictures and laugh.  Get snockered.  Enjoy each other's company.  Do the Girl's Night thing from miles and miles away.  Best of all... hang out with someone you adore and don't be lonely.  
Start the fun with this:

You're merely $8.00 to fun with one of your besties online!!!


Then, just start sending pics to each other.  I took a pic of my favorite wine slurping cup... a Dr Seuss holographic tumbler, along with my favorite movie character, The Dude (from 'The Big Lebowski') and a finger puppet of Dali.  This is what I sent (because my Sunset Blush Buddy gave me The Dude early for my birthday):

So, it's a little dark... but can you FEEL the happy????  I can!!!


I'm not going to bore you with the rest of our conversation, but I enjoyed my time with her immensely.  Of course, it's not going to be as awesome as hanging out in person with someone... but if you're wanting company and you're on your own, this is a pretty good solution.  It's been a great night!!

2 comments:

  1. Yessss!! A Franzia date is awesome. I love this blog. Drinking by yourself is not much fun at all so with all this technology there is a way around that when there isn't anyone physically close. You rock! I CAN feel the happy there, and The Dude looks pretty cool in that spot. He's even better looking out of the box. Great post and I always look forward to our wine chats! I needed that the other night. I woke up feeling better than I have in a long time the next morning. It was nice to relax, unwind, and giggle. Thanks for hanging out with me online the other night, I always look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're the only one I know who feels that good after a Franzia night!!! ;0))

    ReplyDelete