Friday, January 9, 2015

Musical [Mood] Manipulators.

Yesterday and today happened to be odd-duck days.  I'm really not back on any type of schedule like I had been planning on (getting called into work = yay, girlie night sleepover = yay, not keeping up with my diet = boo!!) - trying to get to bed at the same time AND *gasp* wake up at the same time.  No schedule means that I can't really set my eating times, which throws me into a plethora of bad habits... one large meal a day, no breakfasts, going to bed hungry OR snacking before bedtime... and it all ends up on the same depressive path.

Put me on the NoFuckingWayTrain to Nopesville.  Because depression. is. not. happening. here.  Period.  Make it so, Number One!!

So, I've been listening to a bunch of music.  Here's basically what's been going on in my head today...

I love her so much because she's a brilliant singer-songwriter and her piano playing is fabulous.
I fall easily into her mellow groove.  

Not a huge fan of theirs - but this song makes me happy when it's played live.
Besides, I'm all about the post-apocalypse.  Really.  

Sinik reminds me of all the times I got lost in France and yet found my way home again.

I don't need to get "sober" - this song (and video) just reminds me of depression.
The little man who just can't seem to accomplish anything.  

I feel this way on a quite a regular basis.  
Sometimes, I do wonder if there is a point to it all or if it's just... filling a void.

This could be one of my favorite U2 songs of all time.
Who hasn't been numb??

"And it's too late to say you're sorry;
How would I know and why would I care?"
Tribute to mummy dearest.

I hate having my picture taken.
"If there's a crease over time, there's many more where that came from."

This song encourages speeding.
That, of which I can assure you, I *never* do.

I could be the antagonist in this song...
Seriously.  


The music does help me through sometimes.  It can bring me higher than any known high and then bring me down like a gutter tramp in the street.  Music is majestic, all-encompassing, one of the best mental fucks you'll experience and then... you're LAUGHING.  You're CRYING.  You're screaming in RAGE.  You're offending someone in the next office, next car, next apartment, next condo, or next neighbor.  

And that is when the po-pos get called and then get right into your grill!!

One last song for a couple of my favorite people: CLICK HERE.  Love you guys - enough said!!

PS...  fuck the lyrics - if you like the song, I say OFFEND AWAY!!  And then I'm off for some bubbly and blow!!  You know... a bubble bath!!  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is such a powerful memory attached to Click Here. Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete