Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Jaunt To Mississippi.

I like road trips.
I like them all alone or with friends.
I like to go near and far.
I like to sing along with the radio.
I like looking at all the interesting things along the way.
I like having a destination or an idea of where I'm going.
I like stopping at road-side stands.
I like driving.

So, I went on a trip to Mississippi.  I did have a purpose...  to meet up with one of my very good friends (who happens to be a mere 90 miles away) and hang out for the day.  I really didn't want to leave - we had such a good time.  We went out to lunch and started watching "The Tudors" together.  Although she has the entire series, we talked so much (and paused the DVD quite often) that we only got through the first episode.

It was nice to get out of my extreme urban environment and go to a quiet rural environment.  I didn't even have to lock my car!!!!!  Seriously.

It was a great day - but there was someone missing.  So we sent cheesy selfies and texted him during our visit - hopefully, we kept him from dying of boredom at work.  Can't wait until we can all get together again.  And I do wish that we all lived closer - but I'll take what I can get and appreciate the friends I do have.

Coming back into the city wasn't bad, either.  Just the usual back-up by the Dome.  The temps have plummeted again and I'm tired of being COLD.

I'm also anxious - but that's simply because everything is up in the air right now.  <----- More on that, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment