Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Half-Dozen Delights. Closing Bell For 2014.

Six special stand-outs for me... six moments, memories, snips of time, and days which made me sublimely happy.  A reflection, of sorts, and appreciation for just how good things can be.
**Please note, these are not in any particular   

One.
Traveled throughout most of the Southeastern United States - especially around the Gulf of Mexico, wiggling my toes in the white sand beaches, feeling the surf and sun on my skin, the saltiness in the air and on my tongue.  Greatly needed solitude.  

Mexico Beach, Florida.  I spent three wonderfully lavish days here.  
Photo credit goes to Mexico Beach Properties, LLC

Two.
Exploring my city, finding neighborhood gems, urban treks into the unknown, stumbling across interesting pubs, restaurants, and nightclubs.  Sharing my newly-found knowledge with family and special friends, enjoying their surprise and delight.  Seeing New Orleans through their eyes.

My beloved New Orleans city skyline at dusk.  
Photo credit goes to Cathy Ayers Richard x0x0

Three.
My roller derby family.  Planning, playing, volunteering, putting the "fun" into FUNdraisers, the premiere party of MURDERDROME ("Stop Screaming and Start Skating!"), co-ed mash-ups, Dirty South, after-parties, and yet there is always room for greasy pizza and roller-rink nachos.  Beer and shots and injuries and camaraderie.  

Photo credit goes to IMdB (dot) com

Four.
I'm a [part-time] working stiff!!  Gainfully employed and loving every day that I go into the office.  No two days are ever the same, my "office" can be one of many venues, and I'm able to suck up knowledge and information like a sponge.  One of the best things about my job is that I interact with people from all over the world and get asked some of the most off-the-wall, funny, random, and very odd questions.  But I do wonder if some of these people had ever thought to use Google or Bing before coming over to ask me...??


Five.
New-Old-Reconnected friends.  One weekend hanging out with both of them gave me such joy.  We have all been talking for some time, but we *finally* were able to get together and it was ah-may-ZING.  I felt like I was hanging out with my soul mates - no filters, no pretenses, no need to put on airs... we all are on the same wavelength.  They are there for me and I am there for them.  Even though we are apart geographically, I would feel like there is something missing if I don't message them most every day.  I love you guys, and you know who you are.  x0x0x0

Our super-swank hangout at The Barn
I took this pic eons ago... after we had finally unpacked everything.

Six.
My depression was pretty tame this year.  Of course, I had some shitty moments every now and again (who doesn't have a shitty day every so often??) - but I was able to overcome them and back to being happy and quite content.  No more meds for me, either (well, maybe a little valium to overcome anxiety every once in a while, but it's a low dose).  And I've found a fabulous doctor (yes, I actually have a Primary Care Physician) who is helping me with my insomnia hell.  I actually sleep now!!  And that includes napping, too.  

Right before I took my nap on the couch this afternoon...  
Selfie taken with my iPhone 6P


Lagniappe.
New Orleans Creole word for "something extra".  
A few moments while in my kitchen, I felt beautiful, attractive, and simply acted on impulse.  I still get the warm fuzzies while thinking about it.

That sums up my year pretty perfectly.  

Happy New Year to you all.  

2 comments:

  1. Amazing, I love this entry and you are awesome! Happy New Year, here's to many more awesome memories in 2015! PS I especially loved the last little bit, you felt that way because you just are. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat!! :D I just figured after my last rant-and-rave that I ought to post something positive. Maybe I'll just be sarcastic every other day??? Hahahahahaha!!

      Delete