Tuesday, September 15, 2015

No More...

House-hunting.  After 10 weeks (give or take) of looking a houses, I'm very pleased to announce that we have finally found a fucking house!!!  And... we're officially under contract with a closing date on Monday, October 19th.  A lot quicker than what we had anticipated (November 11th) and I'm really happy that we didn't have to wait any longer.

So... let's get down to the nitty-gritty.  Some stats:

1.  Two car garage with an extra utility closet.
2.  Full laundry room with plenty of shelving, extra dowel rod to hang up clothing (as I hang most of my tee shirts to dry) with plenty of room for a couple of laundry baskets.  Very nice because it's not at the other end of the house.
3.  Four bedrooms (master bedroom for both of us, an office for me, an office for the hubs, and a spare room dedicated to guests).
4.  Two-and-a-half baths.  Master suite and full guest bath downstairs, and a half bath upstairs.
5.  Very large galley kitchen with a good-sized breakfast nook.
6.  Skylights!!  (No more to be said)
7.  Trey ceiling in the dining room.
8.  Vaulted ceilings in all rooms except for the master suite and the guest bedroom.
9.  Privacy fenced back yard with a HUGE deck for entertaining!!!  :D  I was seriously considering how I could rig up some carnie lights in the back... suggestions would be appreciated!!
10.  And... a Vivint security system - installed brand-new.  (After living in NOLA, that seems a bit preposterous, doesn't it??)
11.  Blocks away from the back bay and ocean access.  Not on the water... but I can smell it from the front yard!!!  YES!!

And it's picture time, everyone!!

From the living room... the area to the right goes to the dining room... and to the left, there are two bedrooms and a full guest bath.  This area will change after we get in.  We're looking at hardwoods for both the living room and the dining room and (of course) a fresh paint job.  


The dining room!!  The fixture will have to go (along with the paint and carpet), but I have faith that my hubs will be able to do it.  ;0))  If not, I can.  How zap-tacious could it be???  Last words.


Kitchen with a ton of room and vaulted ceilings.  All these appliances will be going and new floors will be installed.  I'm hoping for room in the budget to replace the counter tops, also.  Fingers crossed.


Master bedroom.  The walk-in-closet is off of the master bath.  


Master bath.  Deep garden tub with jets.  The window AC unit was left by the previous owners.  It's gone already, too.  Had them snatch it out because it's not necessary with central AC.  


The fireplace in the great room.  That wall has got to go into another color.  I don't like it all that much.  So, I'll take care of that little problem before we move in.


My office!!!  The window makes me so happy!!!  


Skylight over the tub??  Check!!  


Guest bedroom.  Very nice size, too.  :)


Husby's office (some might refer to it as a "man cave") - it's the bonus room above the garage (note:  The window unit and curtains were left by the seller - they have been removed already).  AND the upstairs troll-hole also comes with it's own...


Throne Room!!!  


The deck and yard.  

There are two things missing that were on my original "want" list... an in-ground swimming pool (I keep telling myself that it would be a fucking pain in my ass and that I will be missing nothing - lies!!) and a woodworking shed for the hubs.  Other than that, we ended up with a 2500SQF house (not including the double-car garage), vaulted ceilings, huge kitchen, and a soaking tub.  

I'll be moving before November 1st, methinks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment