Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Catching Up...

With some old friends from high school can be quite illuminating.  Brilliantly so.

Last night, I had the benefit of comparing the attention-seeking behavior of a certain person with someone I hadn't talked to since graduation.  We ended up in a discussion because of some rumors  that were told about me way back in the day.  Not really surprised... not after the crap I've put up with.  And the moodiness, and the excuses I told myself time and time again when I felt like I was being shit on and my feelings were being played like a goddamned instrument.

And I'm very happy to say, I wasn't wrong with my assessment of this particular person.  As-a-matter-of-fact, their personality hasn't changed since junior high... now, there is just a thin veneer of humility that they've slapped on.  When that rubs off... just say "hello" to the asshole.  I don't feel bad about giving someone another chance... what I feel horrible about is the fact that my gut instinct told me that there was NO WAY that someone could change THAT MUCH.  And for fuck's sake... was I right.

I finally get free of this toxic shit and guess what???  This person keeps popping up in small corners of my life.  The rants about not having relationships and whatever??  The inappropriate behavior and temper tantrums??  Keeping up the emotional merry-go-round and drama around every turn??  The inability to act like an adult and fuck off properly??

Sigh.  I can't see it happening.  Obsessive-compulsive people never. ever. stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment