Thursday, July 23, 2015

Time. Hunting Down The Perfect...

House.

I'm back to looking at houses.  Which means, yes, we'll be buying our THIRD fucking house.  And the budget I have (compared to the other two combined) is ginormous.  Seriously.  And I have time - which is a rich thing to have as a buyer.  I will have the ability to put in multiple bids AND eventually decide on what I would like.  The husband travels so much that this house will be mine, for the most part... so I've got to be comfortable in it while he's gone.  Choggie has aged and sometimes doesn't hear the knock on the door or the ringing of the bell.  :0((

Simple list....

  • House has to be over 1800 SQF.
  • House has to have a garage (single is good, double is better).
  • House has to have a minimum of three bedrooms, three + den, or three + family room.  Husby and I want our separate offices AND a guest room always prepared for people.  Yeah, Tito.  I know.  I'm fucking crazy and you'd "never risk it".  STFU.  And, yes.  I was "talking to you."  Want to prove something???  Send her down.  Go build something or take your own vacation.
  • House has to have a good kitchen - no exceptions.  Exceptions will be made if the house is below budget; therefore, making the renovations happen within the budget.
  • Skylights.  They are big-huge-awesome here.  I'd love to have more than the two in each bath.
  • Screened-in porch.  Useless in June, July, and August... yet worth their weight in gold during the other not-so-hot months.  I'm already planning on sleepy furniture!!
  • I'm good with late '70s to early '80s retro.
  • Would love an in-ground pool.  This is probably not ever happening because the husband doesn't like them.  A bitch can hope, right???  :P
If the flooring sucks -
We'll replace it (hardwoods, tile, whatever)
If the wall color blows -
We'll repaint it.  All in one long weekend, hopefully.
Landscaping - plenty o' companies.
Appliances I hate - changed out.  I'm missing having a Jenn-Aire stove.  NEEDED.

That's it for now.  My list probably looks like it belongs to a spoiled child, but I don't care.  I want this house to be "it" for us (at least 5 years).  

Under Pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment